Teach your kids to make Easter Eggs this Easter!
It’s that time of year again! Eggs, bunnies, hunts, candy and lots more! It’s Easter weekend and we’re sure all the kiddos out there are busy planning their Easter egg hunts and other fun activities.
Easter commemorates the beginning of spring and sunshine, and what better to spend the weekend than making your very own Easter egg to use in the Easter egg hunt.
So take a look at the steps below, with this fun art and craft activity that’s sure to keep your kiddos creatively occupied for a few hours.
- Easter egg
- Pair of googly eyes
- Pipe cleaner
- Gently hold the egg and paint it carefully
[Use bright colors preferably]
- Stick the googly eyes on the egg carefully
- Twist out the pipe cleaner to make the ears and stick it on top of the egg
- Draw out a nose and mouth with a marker
Your DIY Easter egg is now ready.
There are many ways to paint and decorate Easter eggs, and fun games that you can play once the eggs are ready to make the day more fun –
- Colour co-ordinate the eggs and actively engage your child in sorting them according to the colours.
- Hide them based on colour and play a game of Hide and Seek.
- Create an Easter egg treasure hunt with the hidden eggs – clues can be educational or related to Easter – a great way to play in a group.
- Counting games with the eggs – number the eggs and teach your kids how to count from 1 to 100 and play fun games with it.
- Sequencing games with the eggs – Make different patterns on each egg, and ask the kiddos to line them up in a given sequence. These are very good logic development exercises.
- Make different types of animals with each egg by simply using the pipe cleaners in different ways to make ears, tails, noses, etc. For eg: A bunny, a dog, a crocodile, a horse etc
Happy Easter to All from PodSquad!
Try out some of our other art and craft boxes this long weekend such as
Birdy Birdhouse craft- This is a DIY birdhouse with an attached water bowl helping children learn names of birds around them. For more details visit http://bit.ly/2nLMBQJ
Pet Craft-This is our 2-in-1 activity box where you can make your own pet rock with paints, googly eyes and lots more and also make animal puppets out of pipe cleaners and have fun making up stories. For more details visit http://bit.ly/2pdAr37
Leave a comment