With life getting busier, not just for you, but for your kids as well, it’s becoming harder and harder to spend ‘quality time’ together as a family. So what system can you put in place to make sure that you all connect with each other – on a regular basis. Here are some ideas from the Pods that will help you, not only stay in touch, but create fun, family activities that you can all enjoy together. Get to know your kids as they grow from one phase of childhood to another.
1. Hungry Pod's Idea #1 - Make sure you all have one meal together. During this meal, go around the table and ask each family member to share one piece of news – good or bad .
2.Chatty Pod's Idea # 2 - Once a week, make a ‘FAMILY CAFÉ’. Do up your table like a café. Have a written menu. Decorate the table. Get the kids to help doing all this. The PodSquad Cool Chef box has a set up ready for you to use.
3. Geeky Pod's Idea #3 - Go ‘book-shopping’ together once a month. Once you have chosen some books, read them together and discuss them over dinner.
4. Jumpy Pod's Idea #4 - Choose an activity or a theme for each week. For example, one week can be ‘save waste’ week; another can be ‘eat healthy’ week. At the end of every week, discuss what each of you has done for that theme.
5. Bossy Pod's Idea #5 - The Family Throne. One day a week, put one family member (take turns; include the kids, grandparents, cousins or uncles and aunts who may live with you) on a Family Throne. The rest of the family can ask that person on the Family Throne any question.
6. Giggly Pod's Idea #6 - Have a ‘today’s joke’ day. Every day, when dinner is over, one member must tell everyone a new joke.
These simple activities will give the kids (and you) a platform to communicate and create a lot of fun and laughter. And of course, achieve the paramount task of keeping you connected with the kids.
Have a pod-tastic day all!
From the PodSquad team