DIY Organic Diyas
Dear moms/dads of the world,
Diwali is here and we’re sure you’ve already got your lights sorted. However, if you haven’t, as a fun family time activity we thought you could use a do-it-yourself session. Here's how you can make an organic diya.
So here’s what you will need:
One dozen oranges, a knife, few wicks enough to use and some oil.
- Cut the oranges in half and scoop out the pulp from the base. Be sure to be careful not scrape the base or cut it while doing this.
- If there’s a juice spill, be sure to clean it out.
- You should be able to locate the stem in the middle where you can attach the wicks and let it rest.
- Pour in the oil, about 2 tablespoons and you are done with the base.
- You can scoop out the pulp from the other part of the orange as well. Cut a hole on top and then pierce few cloves through the peel.
- Place this decorative piece on top of the base after you’ve lit the wick!
And there you have it, one dozen homemade Diwali lamps
made by you and your little ones!
Until next time,
Have a safe and prosperous Diwali!
Leave a comment