Corona virus! I think I’m more afraid about how I’m going to entertain my toddler Maya than I am of the actual virus.😂
No school for weeks is no joke…and with a 3-month-old to feed, my time is getting really stretched. 😱
Grandparents, playdates, and a few stolen moments of Peppa aside, I’m continuing to pursue my interest in activities with simple materials so Maya is busy – and POPSICLE STICKS are another staple!
Easy, light, available in vibrant colors, safe, cheap, I can go on and on about how lovely this tool is; here are some ways we have fun with them while tossing in a little learning – covering almost all key preschool concepts, and fantastic motor skill prep. 🤩
1. Alphabet recognition – copying the alphabets with sticks.
2. Shapes – making shapes out of the sticks, using Velcro to hold them together
3. Color matching – make stick outlines in different colors, and match the right color to the right outline.
4. Numbers and counting – count the dots on each stick and place it into the right hold on the paper plate.
5. Shape- matching shapes by placing popsicle sticks.